TO THINGS TURNING OUT AS YOU HOPED THEY WOULD

YOU know when you have a vision of a craft project and you invest hours of your leisure time into it and it turns out nothing like you ho...

YOU know when you have a vision of a craft project and you invest hours of your leisure time into it and it turns out nothing like you hoped? You do? Well, that's exactly what happened when I first made up my hiker's vest. 
 
There was something woefully wrong with the pattern. Well, truth be told, there was something woefully wrong in how I'd read the pattern but on every re-read I couldn't see why the back portion was so much longer than the front pieces.
 
I went through the pattern row by row and couldn't see where I'd gone wrong. I took a gamble and unravelled a portion of both front pieces to add the missing length.
 
I struck out, the added length dropped the waist to just above my hips. Rather than gamble with adding length to the front, I needed to subtract it from the back.
 
Not one to give up - on anything - I undid the garment, unravelled all pieces back to a base point and picked up the needles again.
 
I am so pleased I did. The vest is now exactly as I imagined and it, along with the very mismatched #takeaUNICEFtee knot-tie headscarf, are in my pack for my adventures through Bhutan. My partner turns 50 today and will be realising a lifelong dream to see Himalayan peaks.
 
So here's to lifelong dreams, a milestone birthday and things turning out just how you hoped they would. See you in a couple of weeks.
 
PS: A very happy birthday to this crafty blogger too (whose crafty capers always turn out as they should).
 

You Might Also Like

4 comments