ON A ROLL WITH THRIFTED KITCHEN TREASURES

I'M not working today so ducked into a favourite op shop and picked up a handful of new treasures for my kitchen. The Commonsense Coo...

I'M not working today so ducked into a favourite op shop and picked up a handful of new treasures for my kitchen. The Commonsense Cookery Book 1 and 2 are additions to a collection I have from the 1930s, 50s and now 70s. 

The flan pans were $3 the lot and say "Made in France" on the base. Oh la la. The biscuit cutters will come in handy for making shortbread. We've had the one size cutter for years. Now there's three more to add to the collection. The fondue cookbook is headed to stepdaughter No.2. She bought a fondue set a few months back and I've been scouring for a cookbook to match.

And an Aussie-made Willow nut load tin. I've been looking for one of these. My collection of older generation cookbooks have recipes for loaf cakes. Now I have a loaf tin I'll give one a whirl.

Don't forget to use the Twitter hashtag #opshopfound to let us all know of something you've found and left in store for another op-shopper. And, if there's something you'd like us to hunt down and find, use #opshopfind. 

Nut loaf tin: $2.50, Salvos
The Commonsense Cookery Book 1 and 2: $1.50 each, Salvos
Fondue Cookery: $1.50, Salvos
Biscuit cutters: $1.50 each, Salvos
Flan pans: $3 the lot, Salvos

You Might Also Like

6 comments