THREAD OF AN IDEA WILL HELP YOUNG WOMEN

I CAN'T believe my birthday was a week ago. It seems like so much has happened since then. Nothing particularly momentous, just life st...


I CAN'T believe my birthday was a week ago. It seems like so much has happened since then. Nothing particularly momentous, just life stuff.

A birthday always seems to mobilise me - another year gone, so much to do, so little time. This year's a big one. I have lots happening at work and my voluntary work with the Girl Guides has stepped up a notch. So much so, I'm asking for your help.

WHAT'S NEEDED
Lengths of six-strand embroidery thread. Any colour but particularly tones of red and green. The lengths need to be about 2m long, or a skein, if you're prepared to part with it. In fact, when you're next at your local craft store, I'd be thrilled if you bought us a skein.

WHAT'S IT FOR
The embroidery thread will be used by Girl Guides to make woven friendship bracelets. The bracelets will be sold in an Indian Girl Guide centre to raise funds for a project supporting the elimination of violence against women.

WHY NOW
It's an ongoing project but will be promoted during International Women's Day on Thursday and the bracelets will be made at a large Girl Guide camp, or Jamboree, at Canberra in April.

WHERE DO I SEND STUFF
If you're able to help, click "like" on my Facebook page so I can give credit where credit's due and send your embroidery threads to: Girl Guides NSW & ACT advocacy liaison, c/- Locked Bag 950, Strawberry Hills, NSW, 2012.

Oh, and please do spread the word...
And, thank you.

You Might Also Like

4 comments