ARE YOU BEING SERVED

LIFE is in limbo at the moment and I am frustrated. Add to that the fact my partner is in full-blown university assessment mode and we’r...





LIFE is in limbo at the moment and I am frustrated. Add to that the fact my partner is in full-blown university assessment mode and we’re down staff at work and you’ve a recipe for resentment and anger. I am doing my level best to keep everyone happy but, you know, I’m not. Happy that is. There, I said it.

I’ve turned to the pages of a recent junk shop buy – a 1939 edition of the Commonsense Cookery Book. I bought it based on its recipe for rock cakes. I haven’t eaten a rock cake since I was a child and, boy, oh boy, I made up for it today. Six rock cakes and counting.

What are you up to this week? It’s got to be better than the delirium of servitude I have planned.

You Might Also Like

19 comments