BACK OF THE PANTRY

QUONDONG jam? My mum bought it and because it's got a funny name and I am not a fan of store-bought jam, it's sat at the back of the...



QUONDONG jam? My mum bought it and because it's got a funny name and I am not a fan of store-bought jam, it's sat at the back of the pantry unopened. Late last week it was turned into jam drops and then jam slice. The jam slice was so easy and such a hit I filled the biscuit barrel up with it again on Tuesday. Take one and a quarter cups of flour and add three quarters a cup of brown sugar. Rub in 125g butter until the mix resembles bread crumbs. Whack half of that mix into a greased and lined 20cm square baking tin. Press it down firmly. Spoon over three quarters of a cup of jam and spread over the base. Gentle tip in the remaining half of the dry mix and spread carefully and evenly across the jam. Press it down gently and put it into a moderate oven (180C) for 40 minutes. Let it cool in the tin and then cut it up. I like the crunchy corner pieces. Yummo.

You Might Also Like

1 comments